5th Grade Awards Assembly 05-19-21 8:30AM El Dorado Public Schools @ Skelly Gym
Wed, 19 May 2021 08:30:00
ACT Registration Deadline 06-18-21 El Dorado Public Schools
Fri, 18 Jun 2021 00:00:00
ACT Registration Deadline 08-06-21 El Dorado Public Schools
Fri, 06 Aug 2021 00:00:00
1st Day of Fall Sports Practice 08-16-21 El Dorado Public Schools
Mon, 16 Aug 2021 00:00:00
ABCs of Kindergarten 08-17-21 5:30PM-6:30PM El Dorado Public Schools @ Blackmore Elementary Skelly Elementary'>more..
Tue, 17 Aug 2021 17:30:00
Last Refreshed 6/16/2021 4:04:38 PM
Lunch Program
Lunch Program

Letter to Households Regarding Child Nutrition Programs

Dear Parent/Guardian:
Your child’s school offers nutritious meals every school day. These meals prepare children to learn and do their best at school. The meals/snacks available and the prices charged are as follows.

1. National School Lunch Program                           
Elementary Full Price=$2.85; Elementary Reduced Price=$.40
Middle School Full Price=$3.20; Middle School Reduced Price=$.40
High School Full Price=$3.20; High School Reduced Price=$.40

2. School Breakfast Program
Elementary Full Price=$2.05; Elementary Reduced Price=$.30
Middle School Full Price=$2.25; Middle School Reduced Price=$.30
High School Full Price=$2.25; High School Reduced Price=$.30

Consent for Disclosure

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? Use one application for all students in your household. Enter all required information and return the completed application to: Melissa Smith, 124 W Central, El Dorado KS 67042. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information.

2. Who can get free meals? Students in households getting Food Assistance, Temporary Assistance for Families (TAF), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, students in your household can get free meals if your household’s gross income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.

3. Can foster children get free meals? Yes, foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a State child welfare agency or court are eligible for free meals, regardless of income. The State must retain legal custody of a child. Any foster child in the household is eligible for free meals regardless of income.

4. Can a homeless, runaway or migrant student get free meals? Yes, children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals. If you haven’t been told your children will get free meals, please contact the school’s Homeless Liaison or Migrant Coordinator: DeDe Pierce, 316-322-4850.

5. Who can get reduced price meals? Students in your household can get reduced price meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines (see chart on the back of the application form).

6. Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are approved for free meals?
Please read the letter carefully and follow the instructions. If you have questions, contact the Determining Official: Melissa Smith, USD 490, 124 W Central, El Dorado KS 67042 316-322-4800

7. My child’s application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out another one? Yes, your child’s application is only good for that school year and for up to 30 operating days of this new school year. Unless you are notified that your child has been directly certified or you submit an application that is approved, the child must pay full price for school meals. The school will not send a reminder or notice of expired eligibility when the carry-over period ends.

8. I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals? Students in households participating in WIC may be eligible for reduced price or free meals. Please fill out an application.

9. Will the information I give be checked? Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.

10. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later? Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.

11. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? Talk to the Determining Official. You may also request a hearing by contacting the Hearing Official: Kathy Robertson, 316-322-4800

12. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for reduced price or free meals.

13. Who should I include as members of my household? You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends) who share income and expenses. You must include yourself and all children living with you. If you live with other people who are economically independent (for example, people who you do not support, who do not share income with you or your children, and who pay a pro-rated share of expenses), do not include them.

14. What if my gross income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally get. For example, if your normal gross income is $1,000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1,000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but only if you regularly work overtime.

15. We are in the military. Do we include our housing allowance as income? If you get an off-base housing allowance, it must be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.

16. My spouse is deployed in a combat zone. Is his/her combat pay counted as income? Combat pay is not counted as income if it is received in addition to basic pay and it wasn’t received before deployment.

17. My family needs more help. Are there other programs for which we can apply? Contact the Kansas Division for Children’s and Families (DCF) 1-888-369-4777 or visit www.dcf.ks.gov.

If you have other questions or need help, call: 316-322-4800
Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al teléfono: 316-322-4800
Si vous voudriez d’aide, contactez nous au numero: 316-322-4800
For USDA’s translated materials, go to http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/Application/familyfriendlyapps.html
For KSDE’s Spanish translations, go to http://www.kn-eat.org/SNP/SNP_Menus/SNP_Admin_Foreign_Language_Translations_2018.htm

Melissa Smith, Food Service Coordinator

Use of Information Statement: This explains how we will use the information you give us. The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give the information, but if you do not, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced price meals. You must include the last four digits of the Social Security number of the adult household member who signs the application. The Social Security number is not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child or you list a Food Assistance, Temporary Assistance for Families (TAF) or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) case number or other FDPIR identifier for your child or when you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a Social Security number. We will use your information to determine if your child is eligible for free or reduced price meals, and for administration and enforcement of the lunch and breakfast programs. We MAY share your eligibility information with education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund, or determine benefits for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.

Nondiscrimination Statement - This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington DC 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Income from Self Employment: Self-employed persons may use income tax records for the preceding calendar year as a base to project the current year’s net income, unless the current monthly income provides a more accurate measure. Report income derived from the business venture less operating costs incurred in the generation of that income. Deductions for personal expenses such as interest on home payments, medical expenses, and other similar non-business deductions are not allowed in reducing gross business income. Additional income from other kinds of employment must be treated as separate and apart from the income generated or lost from your business venture. For example, if you operated a business at a net loss, but held additional employment for which a salary was received, the income for purposes of applying for reduced price or free meals would be the income from the salary only. The loss from the business cannot be deducted from a positive income earned in other employment. For purposes of this application, it is not possible to report a negative income from any business venture. The least income possible is zero (no income). The necessary information for arriving at allowable income from private business operation may be taken from your most recent U.S. Individual Income Tax Return - Form 1040. Add together the amounts reported on the following lines:
LINE 12 $_______________ Business Income or (Loss)
LINE 13 $_______________ Capital Gain or (Loss)
LINE 14 $_______________ Other Gains or (Losses)
LINE 17 $_______________ Rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, S corporations, trusts, etc.
LINE 18 $_______________ Farm Income or (Loss)
TOTAL $_______________ Report yearly income in Part 1, Gross Income Before Any Deductions.

How to Apply for Reduced Price or Free School Meals

If your household gets Food Assistance, TAF or FDPIR, follow these instructions:

Part A: Enter the following information:
• Each household member’s first and last name.
• Each student’s school and grade.
Part B: List the case number for any household member (including adults) receiving Food Assistance, TAF or FDPIR
benefits. A Medicaid number cannot be accepted.
Part C: Skip this part.
Part D: Skip this part.
Part E: Sign and date the form. The last four digits of a Social Security number are not necessary.

If you are applying for a FOSTER CHILD, follow these instructions:

If all children in the household are foster children:
Part A: List all foster children and the school name and grade for each child. Check the box indicating the child is a foster child.
Part B: Skip this part.
Part C: Skip this part.
Part D: Skip this part.
Part E: Sign and date the form. The last four digits of a Social Security number are not necessary.

If some of the children in the household are foster children:
Part A: List all household members including foster child(ren).
• Check the box if the child is a foster child.
• Follow procedures below for All Other Households.

ALL OTHER HOUSEHOLDS, including WIC households, follow these instructions:

Part A: List all household members living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends) and the name of each student’s school and grade. For any person, including children, with no income, you must check the “Zero Income” box. Attach another sheet of paper if more space is needed.
Part B: If the household does not have a case number, skip this part.
Part C: Report the GROSS income for all household members from last month. Gross income is the amount earned BEFORE taxes and any other deductions. This is NOT the same as take-home pay. The gross amount should be listed on the pay stub.
• List the gross income each household member earned from work and circle the Frequency code that shows how often the income is received.
• List the amount the person got last month from other income including welfare, child support, alimony, retirement pensions, Social Security, Worker’s Compensation, unemployment, strike benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), veteran’s benefits (VA benefits), disability benefits, regular contributions from people who do not live in your household, and ANY OTHER INCOME. Circle the Frequency code that shows how often the income is received.
• If the household has income from self-employment (such as from a self-owned business, farm or rental income), report net income in the Earnings from Work columns. See the back side of the application form for instructions on reporting self-employment income.
• If the household is in the Military Housing Privatization Initiative or gets combat pay, do NOT include these allowances as income.
Part D: If any child you are applying for is homeless, migrant, or a runaway check the appropriate box and call your child’s school.
Part E: An adult household member must sign and date the form and list the last four digits of their Social Security number or check the box if s/he does not have one.