Digital Flyer Management
El Dorado Public Schools USD 490 is committed to educational excellence and ensuring that parents stay informed about important activities and events that enhance their child’s life. In an effort to improve parent and community engagement, USD 490 is now using Peachjar to send digital flyers directly to our families.
Digital flyers will be sent directly to parents who see them as visually engaging images right on their smartphone or computer screen. Additionally, all flyers will be posted to each school’s website. Parents will be able to click to register their children for youth sports, enrichment programs, and community events.
By using this new system, the district expects to eliminate the need to print roughly 420,000 pages per year– nearly 50 trees. Additionally, the school district no longer incurs the administrative burden and costs associated with paper flyer distribution
The district has contracted with Peachjar and beginning January 4, 2019, El Dorado Public Schools USD 490 will begin sending digital flyers directly to parents. Peachjar provides an innovative flyer management system that sends school-approved digital flyers directly to parents' inboxes and posts them on the schools’ websites. Now parents can easily find and view flyers and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. Peachjar charges a fee for this service, unless the flyers falls under the Free for Free category. This digital flyer management service will eliminate the need for paper flyers to be sent home in backpacks.
All flyers must still comply with the district's Flyer Distribution Guidelines.
You may register with Peachjar as a "Program Provider" and upload your flyer for distribution to your desired school(s). In your Peachjar account, you will be able to upload your flyer and add call-to-action buttons such as “Call” and “Sign Up Now” for parents to interact directly with your flyer. In your account, you will also have the ability to view flyer metrics to monitor your flyer campaigns!
After your flyer has been submitted through Peachjar, it will be routed automatically to the district office for approval. If the flyer complies with the distribution guidelines, it will be approved and emailed as a visually engaging, full-color image to all parents who have their email address on file with the district. It will also be available online via the PeachJar link on the individual school and district web pages.
Please use the documents below for assistance in setting up your PeachJar account. If you need further assistance or have price-related questions, please contact PeachJar directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call their toll-free number: 877-402-1786 ext. 3.
Click here to learn more or for help uploading your digital flyer.
Click here to view a video on how to upload your digital flyer.
General Guidelines for Distribution of Flyers to USD 490 Students and Staff
Distribution of flyers (promotional handouts) to students and staff in the El Dorado Public School District is intended for organizations that provide wholesome educational activities for the youth of our community. Permission to distribute flyers does not constitute an endorsement of the event by USD 490. If you have questions concerning our flyer guidelines, please contact Kimberly Koop, Director of Information Services, at 316-322-4800 or by email at email@example.com.
The following criteria shall be used to determine whether requested flyers qualify for student/staff distribution in USD 490 schools.
1. The organization requesting flyer distribution must be an organization that resides within the El Dorado USD 490
boundaries or is a partnering/sponsoring entity with the district.
2. The flyer must not contain any obscene content and should be consistent with assisting in the positive educational
development of children.
3. Flyers will not be distributed during the first or last week of the academic year.
4. Flyers will only be given out directly to students for free or scholarship-offered events. All other flyers will be put in a
publicly accessible area near the office where staff, students and parents can view them.
5. Flyers can be displayed for up to two weeks before an event.
6. The requested flyer for distribution shall have no access to public verbal announcements via the schools’ intercom
7. Flyers are to be uploaded to PeachJar for approval and digital distribution.
8. Flyers will not be distributed by the school district if it gives the impression that the school district is endorsing or
promoting a specific religion, religious organization, political candidate or position on a political issue.
9. Political materials shall not be permitted for distribution in school buildings or on school grounds.
10. Flyers approved for distribution shall be so designated by the Receptionist and a log of requests will be kept in the
11. Flyers for distribution should be kept to one page.
12. The district is not responsible for printing/duplicating copies of the material intended for distribution.
This policy applies to the school buildings, grounds and all areas under the control of the school district.