The USD 490 Board of Education approved the district's reopening plan during a special meeting on July 27.
The new start date for students will be August 26, 2020. This will allow the district to better prepare staff for safely welcoming students back to school.
In order to accommodate student bussing needs and allow for sanitization between routes, the new school hours for grades PreK-5 will attend from 7:25 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Grades 6-12 will attend 8:25 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
There will be three basic learning models, and the district will follow guidance from the Butler County Health Department to determine which one to utilize to keep staff and students as safe as possible.
- Five days of in-person instruction
- Blend of in-person and remote learning
- Students divided into four groups based on last name
Group A: A-E Group B: F-L
Group C: M-R Group D: S-Z
Hybrid Option 1
Mon/Wed Tues/Thurs Fri
A&B in-person A&B remote all remote
C&D remote C&D in-person
Hybrid Option 2
One group per day in person, four days remote
*A Daily log will be required for attendance reporting for ALL remote days.
Parents will have the option to choose which learning model will work best for their child(ren). Click here to make a selection.
You can view the updated 1-page calendar on our website under Calendars.
Key changes include:
- New student start date of August 26
- Staff development days moved to August
- Dec. 18, Jan. 5, April 5, and May 20 become student attendance days
- School day length is extended by 10 minutes to ensure we meet the required 1,116 hours
- Dec. 21 becomes a staff workday
To view the reopening framework that was approved by the board, click here.
The following graphic highlights key components of that plan. It is important to note that no matter which learning model the district is currently in, parents can choose to have their student participate remotely.