EHS Forensics students qualify for state
Several EHS students qualified to compete at state during the Forensics tournament at Wichita Northwest.
• Hudson Vaught- 2nd in Humorous Interpretation
• Zach Mitchell- 2nd in Original Oration
• Logan Stenseng- 1st in Domestic Extemp
• Myranda Drake- 2nd in Poetry Interpretation
• Rebekah Lebbin-3rd in Prose Interpretation
• Rebekah Lebbin and Makenzie Cronk- 2nd in Duo Interpretation
Myranda Drake and Dwa-Vi Deslouches placed third in Duo Interpretation and Dwa-Vi Deslouches placed sixth in Oration, but did not qualify for state.
Overall the squad placed second in Sweepstakes.
EHS students Logan Stenseng and Makenna Hayes qualified to compete at the state Forensics competition during the Forensics meet at Wichita Southeast on March 4.
Stenseng qualified by placing second in Domestic Extemporaneous and Prose Interpretation. He also placed 5th in Impromptu Speaking.
Hayes qualified by placing second in Impromptu Speaking. She also placed fourth in Domestic Extemporaneous.
Other EHS students who placed in the competition but did not qualify for state were Josh Staats (fourth in Prose Interpretation and seventh in Impromptu Speaking) and David Williams (third in Poetry Interpretation).
Overall the team placed third in sweepstakes.
The state Forensics competition will take place at Washburn Rural on May 6.